Note: This product is a downloadable course. The link will be active for 60 days after purchase.
IAOMS Review Course
This online webcast has been designed to provide a review of current therapy in oral and maxillofacial surgery and allow the candidate for the International Fellowship Examination, as well as oral and maxillofacial surgeons, to have access to a variety of study aids to assist in their preparation for the actual examination. These materials cover the wide spectrum of the specialty of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
Online Course Objectives
Upon completion of this online webcast, the participant should be able to:
1. Understand the medical concerns in the OMFS patient
2. Discuss the inpatient and outpatient anesthesia management of the surgical patient
3. Describe current standards in dentoalveolar surgery and management of complications
4. Discuss basic and advanced dental implantology and adjunctive techniques
5. Diagnose and manage patients with dentoskeletal orthognathic deformities
6. Assess and manage disorders of the temporomandibular joint
7. Develop a comprehensive treatment approach to the patient with maxillofacial trauma
8. Understand and manage infections of the head and neck
9. Diagnose and understand management of cleft lip and palate and craniofacial surgery
10. Identify surgical indications and techniques in cosmetic facial surgery
11. Assess and manage maxillofacial pathology including benign and malignant disease
12. Discuss reconstruction options for defects of the head and neck, including microvascular flaps
Online Course Materials
1. Comprehensive lecture slides covering all aspects of the specialty of OMFS
2. Comprehensive live lectures with accompanying slides by experts in the field of OMFS
3. Video of a simulated mock oral examination
4. Hints and tips for the actual examination
5. Supplemental reading recommendations
This IAOMS eLearning webcast is offered for professional development only. Its content is copyright of IAOMS© 2016. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. Please check with your local accrediting body for continuing medical education hours eligibility. No refunds after purchase. After purchase you will receive an e-mail with a link to this course. This link will be active for 60 days after purchase.